NEW PRODUCTS JUST ADDED!
Looking for something specific?
CELEBRATE OLYMPIC GLORY
FEATURED RECENT ITEMS
Icons of Sport is a family owned Australian business established in 1998 and remains the leading memorabilia, custom framing and experience business in the country.
Chosen framers for 8 NRL clubs and their players, the Sydney Swans, Netball NSW, Western Sydney Wanderers, many corporations including P&O Australia, Coca Cola and hundreds of SMB’s and Charities.
Specialising in memorabilia and collectables, art publishing, custom framing and fundraising initiatives all designs and manufacturing take place in our geographically central location at Auburn, NSW, open to the public 5 days a week.
Online we have 1000’s of desirable collectables, all authentic from around the globe. Call now to chat with one of our friendly staff 02 9645 4582
Securing and protecting Your Memorabilia
Memorabilia items whether of monetary or sentimental value need securing and protective care.
For framed memorabilia to hang on walls:
- Icons principally use Plexi Glass for less weight and safety, For heavier items, stainless steel wire is used, the wire is attached D rings screwed on the moulding. Lighter items stringing is framing cord.
- When hanging check the construction of the wall, if masonry drilling and plugs with Philips head screw suffices. For plaster walls finding a stud to drill and plug is sometimes not possible. So for plaster wall special plastic plaster screws, available at hardware outlets, careful to check load bearing weight of the screws.
- Room areas where extreme changes of temperate occur watch out for moisture condensation build up on the glazing which will migrate in and mould damage. To counter this you may need to wipe any condensation off. Sometimes moisture migrates through masonry walls, in this case stick 4 small (2-5mm thick) pads carpet/ plastic pads which give a barrier from the back of the frame.
- Try to avoid areas of excessive UV light when hanging, as this not only fades curtains but also can fade memorabilia items.
- Certificates should not be kept with the framed item in case of theft. Keep in secured separate area.
- Anti-Theft precautions of areas , insurances nominated items need to be considered.
- Frames can be screwed directly into the wall by using brackets.
Non framed items:
- Best displayed in selected Perspex display units which keep off dust. Again watch for out for moisture condensation. Unframed photographs jerseys etc signed ( moth proof) and in a cupboard
Storage of Framed items:
- Need to keep frames in dry areas with air circulation off the ground.
- Best to keep bubble wrapped and checked regularly.
Our Showroom is closed due to COVID.
All website orders will be fulfilled.
Online available 24/7
Give Us A Call
Free call:1800 200 476
or (02) 9645 4582
Unit 4, 340 Chisholm Road
Auburn, NSW, Sydney 2144
Mailing: : PO Box 2066, Berela, NSW, 2141